Thursday, February 24, 2011

Visual Spatial Intelligence

Multiple Intelligences is a theory introduced by Professor Howard Gardner to highlight the different area of Intelligence - Visual Spatial, Logical Mathematical, Naturalist, Interpersonal, Intrapersonal, Musical, Bodily-Kinesthetic and Verbal-linguistic. Looking into the different strength in each child, that's how a parent or teacher should approach each and every individual differently.
Being a mother and educator is not an easy task for me since I know what I should cultivate especially in my son. However, I do prefer that my son develop naturally when given the opportunity and environment. Other than that, I am sure I own it to God for other blessings too. Maximus is now 27-months and I discovered his 1st intelligence - Visual Spatial (definitely he took over me).
Looking and judging from his colouring skill, he managed to fill every space with colour for every picture. He enjoys colouring. I also noticed that he can relate shapes with objects. After recognising Kong Ming Deng, he started drawing the shape of it and saying "Kong ming deng". And he drew a oval-circle shape.
Check out his colouring pages...

No comments:

Post a Comment