Friday, June 3, 2011

Growing pains

"It's a sign of growing up!" This is what most people will comment when children got scars or had a fall. No doubt it is part and parcel of growing up but I am sure with a little for careful, growing up doesnt need to go through the pain stage.
Recently my little boy had a really bad accident - a bad cut on his chin from playing on the car rides at home. We have to go through so much of pain together...plus the tears. It was the most unbearable moments for us (as parents) and also our boy.
We moved him from a private hospital (Pantai Cheras) that wanted to charge us a big sum of amount just to stitch the wound to the government hospital (HUKM) that gave us very good and satisfaction service. From just gluing the wound to stitching it and the trauma that my boy have to go through.
It didn't only traumatised him but made me paranoid each time when I am not by his side. I think it is the stage of growing pains for the both of us.
But my boy is much stronger and have the child-like faith each time when he feels the pain. He will utter that "The Jesus will take away the pain-pain." For a 2 yrs and 6 months old toddler to have such faith in Jesus is a good thing because he can count on Jesus. In fact, after the painful experience during the stitching process, he has lesser trust on me. But I am sure with the love and care, I will ensure him that he will not have to go through such pain anymore.
Check out his stitches (Before and after).

His wound after being cleaned. He was put on drug to sleep (totally deep sleep)








Stitches completed! He woke up immediately after that when the nurse tried to put him on side-way.

1 comment:

  1. The cut looked really deep.
    Thank God that he is alright now.
    I also feel for you as a parent... just imagine how we have to go through the pains when we hear our child cry (in pain).
    Take care, danii!

    ReplyDelete