Friday, April 30, 2010

Matching skills

Matching skill is part of the logical skills in the cognitive development in the children's developmental milestone. I am rather thrilled with how the toddlers learn and pick up this skill. There is the Montessori ways, the traditional ways, and the DAP ways. These are just how the skills being instilled into the toddlers.
My personal approach will be having my toddler to explore these skills - the matching, sorting, group etc. naturally. I will just give him the awareness and through much exploration, I am sure my toddler will soon grasp the skills.
Here I have posted the final result of Maximus's matching skill (match the transportation). I started with giving him a picture magnet of a transport and then he will place it on the picture of the same transport in the book. We do this every night in a playing manner. But yesterday night, he decided to pick his own picture magnet and turn the pages to match the picture. Quickly I grabbed my recording device (mobile phone) and record the moment.
I was thrilled with excitement and proud of his achievement! Check it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment