Wednesday, January 12, 2011

You...and Me...

The confusion with the use of "you" and "me" has started especially when a 2 plus-3 years old toddler learns to talk and grasp more vocabulary. Since toddlers learn language through imitation, "you" and "me" will always be an issue. Example, "Mummy will carry you" and so the toddler will soon say "Mummy, carry you."
This is very common among toddlers when they learn the language. Each time when this happened between Maximus and I, I will quickly switch the "you" to his name. But he has already pick-up the use of "you" and "me" now. He tends to say:
  1. Mummy, carry you.
  2. Mummy, give you.
  3. or the classic one will be "you want..." which was supposed to be "I want"
It's very cute hearing how Maximus talks and he can really chat and chatter non-stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment