Thursday, January 6, 2011

Nursery Trial class

My 1st entry for 2011 will be on Maximus's day in the nursery. He started being excited and happy about the idea of going to school...but ended refusing to go to school anymore. So, hope did this happen? All I have to comment is that the nursery is not fully equip and interesting for Maximus. This is not exactly his first time being in school. He had been with me in Kinderland centres during my work on Saturdays or any Kinderland's events. In fact, there was where he got the idea of loving school - many toys to play, big playground, rides to ride on and etc.
However, to our disappointment this new Nursery that was newly opened near my area was really not ready! The building is huge and the environment is clean.

However, there isn't much things to do... the only toy available for them is the giant Lego toys that was shared by all ages. Imagine how the lil ones feel when they can't get the chance to play. Although there are rides, playground and the play-house, there isn't enough for everyone.
Then, during the lesson everyone was asked to go upstairs into an empty room for singing. The teachers who were singing those Nursery Rhymes really need training in singing and pronouncing the words correctly - Twinkle twinkle little star was being sang as "Twingkle twingkle litter star" sigh... Talking about teaching young children the right thing! I am sure my Maximus can do better... Hehehe...
Anyway, there isn't my complains because I have expectation. In fact, I didn't even expect much from the centre but it was already a disappointment. Imagine if I have a little expectation...
Maximus is the judge to decide if he is willing to accept that Nursery as his school. And lo-and-behold, he said that he doesn't want to go to school anymore!
I think it's not about Maximus's readiness but it's the centre. I hope that the management will improve their set-up and put in more toys soon before I completely turn them down.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I totally agree with you on this. Some centres are just not prepared, but they open anyway. And, having good teachers who can sing is also a problem theze days.

    2 skills that are required for every preschool teacher (besides able to handle children and teach): 1. drawing 2. singing

    Theze 2 requires teachers to be creative as well!

    ReplyDelete