Friday, July 31, 2009

Where is “bear-bear”?

To my amazement, Maximus does understand and able to relate words with picture. I showed him the colour chart yesterday and just curiously asking him "Where is the bear-bear?" and was impressed and so proud that he actually pointed to the picture of the teddy bear. Initially I thought it's just a coincident so I tried him again... consistently for 3 trials he pointed to the teddy bear and later to his 3rd ah-kor just to "show-off" his that he is intelligent.

Being a proud mummy, I was in tears of joy seeing his achievement. I hope I won't have high expectation on him after this because I don't put any expectation on him previously. But maybe because of his routine having a liking in books, he does pick up the words and able to identify the pictures. Later then, I thought him a new vocab... tortoise! Hahaha... I will get him real tortoise just to show him. At present, Maximus is able to understand "dog, meow-meow (for cat), bird-bird, and teddy bear" although I know that his vocab has increased tremendously, I just want to be sure that he is able to relate the vocabs to the real object. Then, later he should know how to apply the vocab.

I am now sounding like a real early childhood educationist. But yet have to continue to remind myself that I mustn't put high expectation on him. I just want him to grow healthily and develop in his natural pace - as and when he is ready.

Will try to take photo of his achievement then.

No comments:

Post a Comment