Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Growing Smarter Every Day

The idea to write this blog was derived from the Huggies website:
After reading the article, I do agree that every baby does grow smarter every day as they begin to explore, experience and enrich from their environment / surrounding.
Maximus is also part of the process in growing smarter every day. As he turns 10 months this week, he has a profound milestones since birth. Every day is a progress from one point to another. Of course as a mother, I am proud of the little thing that he acheived and want to tell the whole world about it. However, I want to be sure that as this development moves on I have to continue to stay proud of this acheivement even in his older age. Most parents are being so kiasu and fail to praise or be proud of their children little achievement when they reached the primary age. For example; my primary 3 nephew when he scored a 90% for Maths or what-so-ever subject, his mother will ask "Why only 90%? How about so and so?" This is a very normal remarks. I hope I won't be part of this kiasu group of parents for Maximus or other child of mine in the future.
How does Maximus grow smarter every day?
Maximus learns from his observation, experimentation and imitate the actions shown. He also learn from his experiences (good or bad) and will remember them. I am sure this is the naturally skills given to every baby from God. He also begin to create his own "cause and effect" in his play. For example; dropping different plastic balls and identify the ball that bouce (He has a set of balls with different texture and effect) then he will just pick up that particular ball that bounces and continue dropping it to watch it bounce.
Every day is an acheivement and my lil one grows smarter each day. I have nothing much to expect since I am sure he will eventually grow at his own pace day-by-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment