Thursday, September 17, 2009

Settling himself to sleep Part 2

There was the part 1 of this blog title. Then now it's the 2nd part especially when now my lil Maximus is going to be 1-year old. There are so many things to get him ready as he steps into his toddler's stage and one of it is to settle himself to sleep independently. Since when Maximus turned 6-months old, I was wanting to get him to be independent in his sleeps. But not successful because he had already associate sleeping with breastfeeding!
But I can't be doing it anymore especially when the number of teeth he has increased! It's painful! So I have decided to cut down the number of breastfeeding during the odd-hours when he suddenly awaken. I tried to pat-a-pat him, reassure him to get back to sleep, and get him into his comfortable position. He whines and tosses around to look for his comfortable position. I started this early this week and during the first attemp he did settle back to sleep when i pat-a-pat him gently on his butt. Yes, I thought that he has learned and get the message.
But, I was counting my chicks too early... the second day, he whined and started to climb out from his cot! Oh... hinting to me that he wants to be carried while pulling my pyjamas. Sigh... get his daddy (Jin) to cuddle him to avoid him wanting to be breastfed. Unfortunately from whining it turns to crying so we have to give in. Ops... failed!
Till today, we are still trying to let him to settle himself back to sleep especially when he jerked up from it. The cutest event was he did settle to sleep independently this dawn but in our bed tucked in between the both of us. Owh... sleeping in his comfort between mummy and daddy.
Well, I have to continue to train him so that he will learn how to settle himself to sleep. Soon, when he turns one, we will move him into the single bed from his cot! At the moment, we have so save up first since we have gotten the car-seat instead.
I hope in this 2 months of lesson, Maximus will learn fast and get to settle himself to sleep independently soon. *fingers-crossing

No comments:

Post a Comment