Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Settling Himself to Sleep

At 4 a.m. Maximus woke up and decided to have a chat... a chatty dawn perhaps. He was babbling and gurgling, making sounds as if he wants to get into a conversation with us. But after his short breastfeeding, he decided to chat with me instead. It's such an adorable site especially his husky pitch voice echoing through the dawn. But I was feeling sleepy and need to get my sleep before dragging to wake up at 6:30 a.m. and so I decided to put him into his cot and continue with my sleep.

I was half awake and asleep as I watched Maximus continuing to babble and gurgle to himself and those pictures of animals around him. But after few minutes, he was trying to curl up himself in his comfortable position, hugging and holding onto his napkin and trying to sleep. Under my half opened eyes I saw him trying to close his little eyes to sleep. But then are those eyes closed or was he just blinking. I lied still pretending to sleep so that he can do the same too. We were in the same position – lying side way hugging onto something (he was with his napkin and I was with my little pillow). I knew that he wants to settle himself back to sleep and imitating mummy. Since this is his first attempt, he couldn't stand it for more than half and hours trying to settle him back to sleep. Low and behold, he cried and whined a little to indicate that he wants to be carried and getting sleepy.

After cuddling him, he went back to sleep within 5 minutes. Poor little one, struggling for half an hour just to settle himself back to sleep. At least I am glad that he did at least try to settle himself before calling for help. I am so proud of him...

No comments:

Post a Comment