Sunday, May 31, 2009

Finally... got a booster seat for meals time


It's my desire to build up a well-disciplined meals time for Maximus since he started taking solid. I want him to have the best table-manners just like how my mother had instill it to me. It's all started at the very young age and I want to instill it to Maximus at the very young age too.
I remember that back then mother was very strict and firm that all of us have the good table-manners. She used to say that having good habits always begin with having good table-manners. She did a very good job in teaching, coaching and guiding us to have the best table-manners... of course not the prim and proper way but at least the acceptable manners. For example, eating slowly, not talking with mouth full, greet everyone at the table, make sure that we have speck clean plate / bowl before we leave the table, do not eat noisily or chew with mouth open etc. These are basic table-manners that I am sure most of us has taken it lightly.
So, I want to pass down this good habit and the very basic one to my little Maximus. I was rather worried since the first day he started his solid, my mother-in-law put him in front of the TV while feeding him or let him moved around the walker as she feeds. Both of these habits is a BIG NO! I started to scout and look for good high-chair for meal time. I want Maximus to be seated on one spot while having his meals.
Finally, after going few places, hunting high and low... I bought a good chair and it's called "healthy boosters chair" and I am sure it is very healthy especially in building up good habit while having meals. I am very happy with it...especially it's a portable one. So far, Maximus is able to sit quitely till he finishes his food. We tested it out first in the restaurant when we were having a family dinner on Saturday night. He sat and enjoy his food and was very well behaved. Too bad I have forgotten both my camera and my mobile phone, otherwise I have some photos to show.
Anyway Maximus has been using it for every meal time and even for drinking. I am proud of him and this is the first step towards a well-discipled and good habits child. Mostly I want to shame the others nephews and nieces (from Jin's side) because every one of them eats have their meals in front of the TV....! It's really an ugly side. I am sure that I don't want Maximus to be taking over the ill-disciplined and bad manners situation. So I have to start now...

3 comments:

  1. wah, u found the booster seat! good tht u get max to start on it early!

    the last time when we wanted to buy for sarah the seat, we went round & round & round & in the end buy nothing. We had eyes on a few & I went online searching and reading reviews. hehe... we also brought sarah to try on some... but found out in the end, tht none really worked out, so we save money. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is Sarah sitting down quietly during meals time? If she can sit on the adult's chair it's fine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all depends on her mood. :p
    That's why we like the Ikea chair, cuz it comes together with a belt so we can tie her down. Else, she will stand on the high chair. And yes, she enjoys sitting on the adult chair, but seconds later, she will start standing on it too. She really banyak kaki & tangan leh... cannot sit still one.

    ReplyDelete