Thursday, May 7, 2009

6 Months – Past, Present and the Future

To reflect to the past ... 6 months ago! Maximus was born. I wanted to start blogging then delayed and finding excuses. Many a times, in life there is always excuses we made that hinder us to move on. So now, I have decided! Yes, let's get started!

6 months ago the seed of joy and love from Jin and I became fruitful... God gave us the perfect gift. Hence that was the day I was made a mummy. A new journey in life and many more 6 months, 6 years ... or 60 years to complete. Holding Maximus in my arms made me so close to God... it's a new life, God has created. I am in awe looking at how great the masterpiece was. Awesome! 

 Maximus was born in Hospital Pantai Cheras on 6 Nov 2008

Through the thick and thin... many challenges, trials... tears and laughter, I finally get my confirmation from my probationary period of being a mummy... (normally a higher position in a corporate sector will have a 6 months probationary...so this is the higher position in my life "mummy"...hahaha). Many events had come and gone for the last 6 months. Collecting every pieces of it to put them together in this blog is not easy. But I won't be putting the past... just need to move on. So the summary of the 6 months ago – Maximus 1st cry, his 1st jab, 1st pain, 1st laughter, smile, babbling and cooing, 1st toys... it's everything that we gave as his 1st. And most of all he is our 1st born... wonderful! 

 check out his 1st drool...

Now at present, I realised that being a mummy after 6 months is not a bed of roses... I have to set priority and give-up some of my singlehood life i.e. nite-life, partying... I have yet to learn how to perfect my skill as a mummy too. And the secret main ingredient is "Prayer". Yup, the present is a "gift", therefore I am enjoying my gift yet staying in prayer mode each nights for HIS great guidance. Having fun with Maximus keeps all aches away... seeing him growing every day, keeping track on his growth record and his developmental milestones is an exciting job being a mummy. I enjoy this job scope as a mummy as much. Other than that, facing his moods and emotions especially at night or when he is sick is not an easy task. Have to have determination and know what his needs are. I must admit that sometimes I get a little frustrated when I don't know how, but still in probations... hehe...

At this 6 months, I am really excited having Maximus to have his first solid food... waiting patiently for him to crawl! All hopes and waiting, is something that I can look forward to when in my position as a mummy. Yet hoping and waiting must never be separated with prayer. Every day going to work is a hassle and having the separation anxiety... while at work I can't wait to go home to him. This is a challenge being a working mum. My mother used to tell me that how pitiful women at this time because we have to juggle between work and home. Well, I do agree with her but I don't find it pitiful. It's rather a challenge and it eventually will make us strong.

Letting him starting solid means that he can join us at the dining table. I am still looking around for a good baby chair so that he can join us at the table and dine together. Today on his 6 months old, I shall dedicate him to God...again.

"Lord Jesus, I dedicate Maximus again to your loving hand. On his 6 months old, as Maximus's life is being given by YOU, again we want to appreciate YOU for this great gift. Lord Jesus take Maximus and renew him again and again. We want to dedicate Maximus to YOU so that you can continue to make perfect YOUR perfection. May the Lord's hands be upon Maximus especially in his life. Thank You Jesus for this precious gift. And once again we want to remember YOU as the creator. Thank You Jesus. Amen."

Hmmm... I don't want to be sounded as being so pious but I have to remember HIM in everything... hehee...

6 months ahead is the future... Maximus will be turning 1 year old. Well, normally the saying, don't think of the future or do not worry about the future. But, I have to deny that statement. It was 6 month past when Maximus was born, now he is 6 months old... another 6 months will be a year. What do I have to expect other than being excited? This is the question that worth to ponder. Jin and I have already attended 2 of our friend's 1 year old birthday... and soon they will be attending ours. Planning is a must... so another task is to ponder on what will I need to prepare for Maximus 1st year.

2 comments:

  1. Hey daniee! Welcome to blogosphere!
    Here's me - the first to post a comment in your blog! Hehehe... Feeling honoured! Hahaha!

    God bless Maximus! He's such a darling. We pray for an ever-growing health in every aspect of his life, in Jesus name, AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rach, yup! You are the 1st to visit and to add comment too...
    But I am a little annoyed by the server in the office... can't read my blog.

    ReplyDelete