Monday, May 25, 2009

Motherhood – the Sacrifices

Motherhood is a journey that I have decided to step into when I reached the suitable age. Will I be willing to scarifice for motherhood? Now, I have entered into the path of motherhood. Reflecting my 5 years ago life, back when I was 25 years old...I have the most fun and care-free lifestyle. Spending money as I wish – buying this and that, well groomed and partying weekends... but now at 30 when I am a mother it's a turning point in my life. I complete change! So do I miss my previous lifestyle?

After being on the journey as a mother, I enjoy every moment. I don't think it can be made a comparison from my life 5 years ago. A care-free life without having much responsibility for someone else's life except for myself and now a more responsible and caring life i.e. having to care for another life... this is a real challenge. So this is a real life! In other words, I like it now although there are more to improve on. There are lots of things to scarifice on as I step into motherhood. Namely:-

  1. Time – I have less time for myself now. Most of my time I have to focus on my little one.
  2. Money – Whatever I have earned from a salary, I spent it more for my little one. I am willing to let go of the shoes sales (Lewre warehouse sales for an example) just to use the money for my little one.

These 2 pointers are the most that I have made changes in my life. Other than that, which I am going to improve on is my appearance. I am only 31 years old this year... but I do not wish to look haggard and slumber. I must still maintain to the best possible but of course without spending much time and money. So what's the tip? This is what I yet to learn and explore.

Looking back, I believed that my mother too made lots of scarifies to bring up the three of us. Having to raise us in limitation – living a moderate life and earning enough income to support us. Well, it's always the keyword "MONEY". We work and earn ... just to support our love ones. Is this a real sacrifice?

I am just thinking out loud because of having an online-chat with my friend (a mother too). We were sharing about hair loss and I realised that we have to give out a lot for our baby – labour pain, confinement, hair loss, back ached, sag breasts (hehe...) distorted figure! All our physical beauty and our strength! This is a lot that we need to bear... then to raise a child! Wow! Amazing job... fun yet challenging. More challenges – sleepless nights, worries that our baby will be getting sick or when he is sick...

I figured out that I have to take one step at the time and mostly enjoying it... that will set the sail smooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment