Thursday, May 21, 2009

Signs of Bonding...



I came across the Johnson's Baby Tips on Bonding. There are 10 tips – Massaging, Eye to Eye, You are Special, Repetition, Cuddles, Talking, Your Sense, More is more, Giggles and Raspberries (http://www.babycenter.com.my/touchingbond/). And again I started to reflect and relate all these tips to my daily practises with Maximus. Have I done all? Proudly, I did and now I have the close bonding with Maximus. Now being 6 months and 3 weeks old, Maximus is already being clingy and wanting to be closed to me at all times. Some signs that Maximus showing that we have such close bond:



  1. Each time when I am back from work, he will give me his best smile when I called him.

  2. He will get very excited when I carry him after being "separated" for such long hours.

  3. He will cry when I didn't give him attention when I reached home from work or from anywhere.

  4. The first thing in the morning, he greeted me with his smile and babbling.

  5. When I nurse him, he enjoys touching my face as a sign of showing that he loves mummy.

  6. He wants me and only me around when he wants to sleep.

  7. He giggles and babbles when we play.

  8. He shows attention when I read him a story, talk or play with him.

  9. He likes to be nursed to sleep.

  10. He enjoys massage after bath or changing pyjamas time.

  11. He likes to be cuddled or being patted when he suddenly awake at night.

  12. He looks into my eyes when he is nursing.

Wow! It's a long list down... but I am sure that the time I spend with him and my love to him is the great contribution to this result of close bonding between us. I recalled an article that one of a partner in business shared (from Taiwan) ... survey showed that parents now hardly have 3 hours with their children daily. And this is conducted in Taiwan... Hmmm... I can't image if the survey is from US! I bet the result will be worst! Anyway since Taiwan is an Asian country, I take that survey as to remind me that I do not fall into that category of parents.


I have more time and opportunity to stay closer with Maximus during the weekends because I decided that on these days (Saturday and Sunday) I must be looking after him and not leaving it to mother in law anymore. So for the weekends, I have more hours spent with Maximus and this given me more time to create a conducive environment and opportunity for him to discover his milestone. Saturday and Sunday are Mummy-Maximus's time of playing! I enjoy every moment of this.


It is a great moment to have such close bonding with my son... Thank God for this!

2 comments:

  1. what u shared remind me of how my gal responds to me too! i guess we're at the right track in bonding with our precious lil ones! :)

    let's keep that up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Let's keep it up together...

    ReplyDelete