Thursday, May 7, 2009

Solid Food for Maximus




Yesterday, Maximus has officially started to taste his first solid food. My MIL fed him 3 teaspoons of congee with pumpkin for his brunch about 1130 a.m. I didn’t get the chance to witness Maximus’s expression and can only ask my MIL for her feedback. MIL said Maximus was enjoying and accepting the congee very well. He is able to chew his food and refused when he is content / full. Maximus even wanted to hold the spoon but MIL has to stop him from messing around. 

Later during dinner, I took the opportunity to feed Maximus some mashed carrot. Jin carried him while I do the feeding. While having his meal, he got distracted by the music and sounds from the TV and also wanting to hold the spoon to feed himself. Mother will said that Maximus is not being mindful but I have a different opinion. Maximus is very alert and quick to respond to the surrounding. This reminded me of his nursing habit too... when i nursed him, he dislike it when I am talking to anyone. He will pull out the nipple and give me a stare. Hmmm... such characters for a baby.

I hope to allow him experience new type of food - mashed potato, and fruit puree. 

This weekend, I hope to make some fruit puree for his little snack. I can't wait to use the food grinder that I bought from http://www.littlewhiz.com/ I have been learning and experimenting on how to use it... it's like having a new toy. 

Munchkin Food Grinder

Price: RM 60.20 from littlewhiz.com

(Picture taken from http://babynkidsonlinestore.blogspot.com/)


No comments:

Post a Comment