Friday, May 15, 2009

A playful dawn

It's 5 am, Maximus tosses and turns to his tummy and wakes up to play. I heard his noise and wake up thinking he wants milk. As usual when I offer him the breast he won't refuse... but after drinking for 5 min or so, he starts to burst saliva – a sign that he doesn't want anymore and want to sit up. So I put him between us, hoping that he will just toss around till he sleeps. I tell him to go back to sleep because it's only 5 a.m. and I need to sleep! However, Maximus wants to play and he keeps on bursting and blowing his salvia just to get attention and indicating that he wants someone to play and chat with him. I give him his little bolster to play but later he gets distracted by his daddy snoring. He smiles and giggles to his daddy's snore. He starts to coo and gurgle / babbling to his sleeping daddy. I watch him in haze since I feel so sleepy. Soon, I carry him back into his cot to play by himself. Upon seeing the cot cover, he starts to turn to his tummy and "chatting" with the "little animals" on the cover. I was still watching him and feel that it is really a cute act.

After more than half and hours playing on his own, he starts to rub his little eyes and whine indicating he wants to sleep. Since it's almost 6 a.m and I don't want to miss my few more minutes sleeping so I get Jin to tuck him back to sleep. I guess before 6:30 a.m. my little one goes back into his sweet dream. When I wake up, I watch him sleeping soundly... such a peaceful and calm look on his chubby little face. Argh... then I drag my feet to shower, getting ready to the office.

It's these cute acts that colour my life ever since Maximus comes into my life. He shares our happiness and no matter how tired, and stressful a day in the office I am always looking forward for his warm colourful gestures to welcome me home. Today playful dawn... from 5 a.m. my little honey bun wakes up just for a short play. That's just a great memorable act that encourage and boost me to start my day.

Do they really understand timing? Or they just play as and when they like and want to? I wonder... what is in the mind of the little one? Anyway, we think too much! It's the childlike mind that we can be as free... no barrier and not polluted by the world stress! Can we have the child-like mind back after being exposed to the world? ... Guess only God knows!

NOTE: No photos of my Maximus playful acts at dawn! Should have taken a shot or two... sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment