Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Mother’s Day Celebration

Mother's day comes and goes, year in and out! Fully booked restaurant, carnation and cake sold out and crowded mall... this is the usual scenario with the Mother's day celebration yearly. This year, I have the opportunity to celebrate Mother's day as a newly made mother and with my other friends too. We have made the day so special and a memorable one together with our lil ones and hubby.

We have a dip in the baby pool in my condo with our husbands watching over the lil ones. Mummy busy taking photos, having a few laps in the adult pool leaving the husbands to wash and change our lil ones after that. It was a great experience having to share time with other mothers leaving the husbands to take over for a short while. Indeed we enjoy every moment – a quiet, relax and leisure time with our love ones. This is the best time and I personally think that it mustn't take place only during mother's day but can be arranged for every weekend or occasionally.

Mother's day should not only be the 1st week of May yearly but throughout the 365 days in a year! But why the day is set aside Mother's day? Commonly, human beings need a special day in order to show appreciation and having a celebration. Therefore, it's this particular date set – same goes to any other day i.e. Father's Day, Secretary' s week etc for us to have a reason for a celebration.

Hence, this day forward is the day that most restaurant owner, bakery, florist, gift shop owner get the most benefit! It's the reason to make the extras since everyone wants to show their gratitude to their mother on this particular day. On Sunday, my in-laws and I have a hectic dinner! We waited hours for our food, but it's all worth for a family gathering. However, the comment was "There is nothing special since we have such dinner gathering most of the weekends." Hmmm... "Nothing special" is there really so? My single sister-in-law couldn't understand the purpose! Although it's rather hectic for me, I do appreciate such time especially for my mother-in-law.
So, should this day be a day to pay our tribute to our mother? Can it be any other day? Any other day can be made special too. For example, my aunties and uncles back in Melaka are going to have the Mother's day celebration for grandma this week (16 May). Yes, the day has gone but I believe that my grandma will be very happy too to have the celebration during that week.
Lastly, my Mother's day wish "Hope that God will grant every women (female) in the world a good experience being a mother." Err... that's the wish for the world. Personal wish: I wish that I am able to build a great family in partnership with hubby. May Maximus grows up strong, healthy and joyful in the circle of the family.


"Dear Lord, hear my wish in my inner heart prayer. Grant this wish and give me the strength and wisdom to achieve it. Thank you Lord. Amen."




P/S: This entry suppose to be posted yesterday (11 May) but no inspiration to write... hehe...


For the mothers who are reading this, Have a great motherhood experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment