Thursday, June 4, 2009

Learning to feed himself


Maximus enjoys sitting in his boosters seat during meals time although only lasted for 30 minutes at the most. But I will still want to discipline him to sit while having his meals.
Today, I put him near me at the dinning table when I was having dinner. Gave him a small saucer of pieces of bread. He tried to pick up the bread and feed himself... Due to the poor eyes-hand co-ordination he sometimes didn't manage to put it into his mouth. But with more practices, he will be good in it.
After 2 attempts, he got distracted and wanted the saucer. He prefers to play with the saucer, "tasting" it rather than the pieces of bread.
I am so proud of his little acheivement. My MiL told me that he has been trying to pick up some crumbs of biscuts too to put it into his mouth. I guess he is learning and discovering on how to feed himself. Well done...

No comments:

Post a Comment