Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The traits of development

Maximus has portrayed some traits in his development in certain areas now as he is close to 8 months old. He observes his environment and people around him very often. He is an observant and alert baby. And due to this he can be a very light sleeper - a tiny sound or voice will wake him. He has understood the concept of "object permanence" i.e. when he doesn't see mummy or daddy around he knows that we are somewhere. So instead of crying after waking up, he will turn to his tummy and start to "talk" or make sounds. This will get our attention and he will smile when we call out his name.

It's really amazing to know that a 7 months plus baby has formed his own traits and personality in his development. He likes to roam around in his walker, exploring and playing. He knows when someone is at the door, or understands the word "kai-kai" (going out for a walk). There are so much Maximus has understood in his language development. He will look up in the sky when mummy asked "Where are the birds... birds?" or looks at the switch when we say "Let's open the gate", and he will also stop in front of the TV (when he is in his walker) when we said "Watch cartoon". This is the progress that Maximus has shown in understanding language. We hope to hear him saying his first word although he does make the sounds i.e. Mmmm... or mum-mum when he likes the food.

Maximus's progress in his physical development also shows tremendous changes. Now I am not worry to leave him sitting alone on the floor or bed playing. He can sit very steady now and also go down on his tummy from his sitting position to move around. He can pull himself up when he is holding on something. He does it very often when he is in his cot – knowing where he can get his toy from the "table top" at the side of his cot when he is in his cot. He kneels down while playing his cot mobile that is handing on the bar. Wow! Such a progress and I am yet to look forward for more. Soon, he will be crawling, then walking and running!

He also enjoys eating and tasting food. He likes food with taste and refuses tasteless food. He doesn't enjoy eating congee with potato or carrot. He prefers his congee in fish or pork and chicken. I thought that he won't know the difference since the congee is grinded till mashed. But he does know the taste. He tried many type of fruits too including durian. Well, as I reflect to my pregnancy period, I remembered that I always craved for durian... and now Maximus portrayed a likeness to durian. That can be a coincidence or ... maybe he does love durian.

Least that I realised that I have seen and been there to watch my baby Maximus progress. I am so proud of my little one and experience the sentiment of a mother. The chapters in the journey of Maximus's life has added. Day by day there is something to put in... but I can catch up to even blog about it every day. I guess it'll still be stored closely in me in my memory. Great to know that I have something better than blog... that's priceless memory.

2 comments:

  1. helo! wow your baby already 7months plus...ah...he is cute!

    btw my baby like durian too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess they are truly Malaysia... I don't really like durian...hehe

    ReplyDelete