Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The 7 months old achievement

Looking at Maximus, being 7 months old, I must say that I have underestimated his ability. For 7 months old, his language ability and his physical strength are beyond what I expected. I always receive a milestone report from www.babycenter.com.my and do the check list on Maximus's milestone. Of course each baby develops at a different pace. Maximus does not show all the ability listed – some are slow and some are way beyond. However, what surprised me most are two of his most fast achievement – showing the bye-bye gestures and pulling himself up with support to stand...

Due to his ability to show the bye-bye gesture, I started to leave home to work later than usual (if he awakes earlier in the morning). It's getting harder to be separated from him. I will keep on waving good-bye to him just to see him doing it too. Haha... It's really cute to watch him being so excited when waving good bye as if he is indicating that he wants to follow along too.

The 2nd ability was pulling himself up with support to stand...As I am longing to see him crawling on both knees and hands, Maximus amazed me by this ability. He started with holding onto the bar in his cot and pulls himself up to stand and play with all the toys on the side table top. He knows his routine and will want to play at his "favourite" spot and position. Then, he will continue to cling onto the couch or the low shelve and wanting to pull himself up again. His next "favourite" place is the dressing shelf. Since it's a full body mirror and attached to the lower drawer of the whole dressing shelf, Maximus will purge onto the top of the lower drawer and pull himself up. Then he will start playing and mimicking in front of the mirror.

Photos – coming soon.... Here goes! One of the best shot as he will try to grab the camera each time I try to snap his pix.

I am proud of his achievement and he is full of surprises... I am still looking forward for him to be able to crawl on his both knees. In another week, he will be turning 8 months old... what else will I expect from him? I enjoy seeing his achievement month by month... Good job Maximus!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, indeed is a great joy to watch our precious ones develop their skills every day! More surprises coming your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah... will be waiting and then sharing it in my blog!

    ReplyDelete