Thursday, June 25, 2009

2nd Year of our marriage

24 June marked the 2nd year of my wedding with Jin. It has been a full wonderful year of blessing especially with having our precious little Maximus. As I reflected, my 1st year anniversary, I was about 3 months expecting little Maximus and now we have 7 months little Maximus with us. God has given me the best... a wonderful husband and a son. I am really thankful that we are able to have our 2nd year and surely many more years to celebrate.

This year we have a simple yet memorable celebration. We celebrated with "Transformers"... hahaha... it's the opening of the Transformers 2 movie. So Jin and I watched that movie and have our "little dinner" (1901 hotdog) in the cinema. We celebrated our anniversary in the cinema!!! It's cool... but as usual I was missing and thinking about Maximus, especially when it was close to his sleeping time. But he was fine since all his cousins were around till 8 plus that night accompanying him and playing with him. When I reached home at 10:30 pm, he was solemn because he wanted to be breastfed.

This 2nd year of marriage made me analysed myself being a wife and a mother. I realised that I was not a good wife especially since I have Maximus. I do love and care for Jin very much but with Maximus I sort of abandon him... I forgot how to be a wife since I became a mother. Sadly but gladly I did realise it... So while waiting to go into the cinema, I have the opportunity to talk to Jin about it...and his respond was just a giggle! Well, I guess that's the way how my hubby shows agreement...

It's always best to keep the balance - a wife and a mother. I am still learning... from mistakes, experiences and elderly people. So as long as I have the opportunity to reflect and analysed myself, I am sure I can strike a balance to the both roles. It's only my 2nd... I have a long way to go till I am statisfied and contented with the both roles. I am sure I will do better...

4 comments:

  1. Blessed 2nd Anniversary to u & Jin! God bless both of u with unlimited supplies of love & care, joy & happiness, peace & hope, wisdom & understanding... :)

    Danie, we can never be satisfied on our roles whether as parent or wife because our expectations will keep increasing as seconds past. Enjoy every moment u have being a mum & wife. I am sure u have been a great one to both the men of your life. Thank God for u! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rach. I do agree with you at a point but then it's the basic expectation that we need to meet up to as being a mum and wife.
    And I know I am doing better as a mum...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cool to celebrate your anniversary watching Transformer. Literally our life is actually 'transforming' day by day. I am sure you and Jin know that by now. Blessed anniversary from us; CK, SP, Ivan and Reanne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks CK, SP, Ivan and Reanne...
    Very true! We are part of the Transformers too... haha

    ReplyDelete