Friday, August 7, 2009

Maximus's interest in books

Maximus has developed a liking for books since in his early months. Between toys and books, my this lil one will choose his books. Each time when there is a book sales, I will not miss out the opportunity... and mostly Maximus's elder ah-yee will buy him books from Singapore - good quality imported books with very good price from Singapore.
Recently I happened to meet up friends in Subang Parade. I have not been to Subang Parade for years since I stopped working in SS19 SJ. So happened there was MPH Sales... I grabbed the time looking and buying lots of board books for Maximus. There are series of Flip up shape books, and the Me too series. Good bargian and good books too!
I took a copy out for upstairs bedtime and another for downstairs play time. Others I have to keep it otherwise it will be everywhere.
Maximus loves to interact as I read or tell him the story. Yet he can point to some familiar pictures too. Sometimes, he will sit on his own and look at the book independently. And this is the best time where I have the opportunity to take some photos of him.
In one of the book title, Maximus is so fond with the Teddy's toy car! He keeps pointing at the toy car and "talk" about it making the "ohhh...uhhh...ahhh..." sound as if he wants to say something about it! I am so impressed and proud of his acheivment... It's beyond what I have expect him to do.
I am glad that Maximus has develop interest in books since his early months. It's a good habit to start young and yes, I am also very flatered by the comment from my friend Adel, saying that Maximus has good focus and able to sit quietly looking at his books or playing at his favourite toys comparing to her son. Although both are a difference individual, I am proud of the comment.
Praise God for HIS blessing upong Maximus and it's HIM who shape Maximus's characters in this early months. I have only God to give thanks to.

No comments:

Post a Comment