Thursday, October 29, 2009

Body parts

As Maximus turned 11-months and now moving into his 12-months, his learning process has stimulated and progressing pretty fast. He can recognise some body parts begining from the eyes both in English and Mandrin. When he reached 11-months, his ganny used to use his hand puppet bear and asked him where is the puppet bear's eyes. Then happily Maximus will point or poke the eyes. Then I follow through the learning in English and till now he knows the eyes, ears, nose and mouth. But can only recognised it on the puppet!
I proceed with stimulating the learning using his own body parts - eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hands, legs and even his penis! But he is yet to capture all and I do not put much expectiation on this since I associated this as academic skills.
Neverthe less, I do play with him games that involved his body parts especially the "Round, a-round the garden" and he can use his little pointer and to go around his own palm. Next I am planning to teach him the "Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes" song just to induct him into recognising his whole body parts.
Yesterday, my MiL told me that Maximus can show his bumb-bumb (butt) when she asked him in Mandarin. Since she wants to potty train him especially in doing is motions then it's a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment