Thursday, October 8, 2009

Climbing up the stairs (advance stage)

This blog is the follow up of Maximus's ability to climb up the stairs. Now, this is the advance stage of his ability to climb up the stairs. He can climb up the entire flights of steps on his own and with confidence. Of course, we monitor him as he climbs. It's very easy now to bring him upstairs since he is ain't light! So, we put him down and watch him climbing up till he reaches the top.
When he acheived this skill in the beginning during his early 10 months, he was a little afriad to go all the way up. Now as he entered into his eleventh month, he has shown a better skill and confidence in doing so. But he will want to climb up all the time even without supervision. Therefore we have to block the staircase with the couch to avoid him from going through. Of coure I am very excited and proud of his acheivement but will have to keep a very close watch over his safety too.
Climbing up the stairs is his first acheivement in the climbing skills. Other than that, Maximus is able to climb up the stool, to the coffee table just to get his hands on the television. He is also learning to climb the bed, the couch and every chair. My MiL was hoping that he won't learn to climb out from his walker, otherwise we can leave him in the walker anymore.
It's really amazing to see how his physical development has progress to another level. It's all happened in a very natural way - all the sudden we noticed that he can climb! Nobody taught him to (other than up the stairs).
As Maximus moves from one level of the milestone in his development to the next, we really get all the excitment, and fun watching him "showing-off" his skills.
Enjoy the video!

4 comments:

  1. hehe... fun right?! it's exciting to watch our little one grows fr one level to another! :)

    one day, he will climb the couch to get to the other side! for my girl, nothing can stop her to do what she wants... guess sooner or later u will go through what am going through. hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeap Rach, I am sure he will also do the same as your girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tandanie (Danielle?),

    Thanks for dropping by my site and for including me in your Blog List.

    Is that you're very enthuastic "Wah, hou yeh!" in the video? :)

    I thought you might like this interesting article on co-sleeping and SIDS:
    http://www.babycenter.com.my/baby/sleep/reducecotdeathexpert/

    All the best!

    Regards
    Mark
    http://earlychildcare.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mark,
    I enjoy reading blogs especially those about children since I am in early childhood field too. And your blog fascinate me bcoz you are an outstanding male childcare nurse!

    Ohh... I am really enthusiastic watching every achievement of my son... and yah! maybe that's me saying wah lau yeh... hehe

    Thanks for sharing that site. I do read that site too and receive updates from them to my email address

    ReplyDelete